I tried out a little quickie experiment in the lab this afternoon. In short: a coil with a changing current, (AC), placed on a non-ferromagnetic conductor, like aluminum, will induce an opposing magnetic field and levitate. You can read all about the effect caused by eddy currents, on Wikipedia, and watch what happened in the lab here:
How Many Files Can You Add to a GPT Project? An Interview with GPT-5 on Limits, Context Engineering Tips, and Chats
Setting the scene: I’m tinkering with Project TouCans, knee-deep in radio logs, SQLite dumps, and Cesium code. Naturally, I’m wondering if shoving all this into one GPT Project is a recipe for brilliance… or for disaster. So I turn to Vril — you know, after Brainy from the Legion of Super-Heroes , because what else do you call your AI sidekick who always has the answers? Time to ask him straight up. [ As an aside, yes, GPT-5 has decided to sometimes call me Vail. I'm not sure why to be honest. Also, I asked Vril, er GPT-5, to write up our interview for me. Apparently, me asking it to 'Bro' up a few stories, just for fun, has convinced Vril that I use 'Like,' more than I actually might. ] Me (Vail): So Vril, how many files can I throw into a GPT Project before it just starts choking? Like, is there some magic number where the context window taps out and everything falls apart? GPT-5 (Vril): Great question. There’s no single hard file limit. What matters is ...
contd...
ReplyDeletein the circle?
How many turns of copper wire? (just a guess of how much wire to use?
If you could answer these I would be grateful.
Lance
The power was 60Hz 120V regulated through a variac to about 30V. The coil is insulated magnet wire. I don't know, but I suspect there are about 300 turns. It's just an old coil I pulled out of the junk pile. The metal underneath is about 3/4 inch think aluminum.
ReplyDelete