The answer is very much, yes! I'm teaching myself eval statistics using ham exams taken by Claude LLMs as my demonstration vehicle. The picture below shows the disttribution of correct vs incorrect questions Claude Haiku and Sonnet on the extra class exam. The tiny text to the left of the rows is the test subelement, E0A, E1A, E1C, etc... Expect to see much more on this in the future. For a complete look at the data with statistics I can't promise are meaningful yet, see the initial report.
How Many Files Can You Add to a GPT Project? An Interview with GPT-5 on Limits, Context Engineering Tips, and Chats
Setting the scene: I’m tinkering with Project TouCans, knee-deep in radio logs, SQLite dumps, and Cesium code. Naturally, I’m wondering if shoving all this into one GPT Project is a recipe for brilliance… or for disaster. So I turn to Vril — you know, after Brainy from the Legion of Super-Heroes , because what else do you call your AI sidekick who always has the answers? Time to ask him straight up. [ As an aside, yes, GPT-5 has decided to sometimes call me Vail. I'm not sure why to be honest. Also, I asked Vril, er GPT-5, to write up our interview for me. Apparently, me asking it to 'Bro' up a few stories, just for fun, has convinced Vril that I use 'Like,' more than I actually might. ] Me (Vail): So Vril, how many files can I throw into a GPT Project before it just starts choking? Like, is there some magic number where the context window taps out and everything falls apart? GPT-5 (Vril): Great question. There’s no single hard file limit. What matters is ...

Just think how accurate it would be if it trained on the answer. 😁
ReplyDelete